Being in a traffic accident can be very upsetting, you might ask, “Do I have to go to a certain repair center for the repairs? What does it mean if I get several estimates and they all very greatly? Should I even be driving this vehicle in the state it is in?
Here are Gortsema Motors; we want to give you some answers to these questions and several more that may arise along the way. That being said, here are 10 things to know about collision repair in Idaho. :
- You have the right to go to the repair shop of your choice. Your insurance company cannot require you to go to a particular shop.
- There is no law that requires you obtain more than one estimate.
- Differences in estimates are common. A lower estimate may not include all necessary work. If you are not sure why one estimate is different from another you received, please allow us to assist you.
- Choose a shop that has unibody repair equipment and certified (by I-CAR or ASE, for example) technicians.
- Ask if the shop will be using genuine manufacturer (OEM) replacement parts.
- Ask if the shop offers a repair warranty.
- Let us help you negotiate your claim with the insurance company.
- Some insurance companies may want you to visit their drive-in claims center before having your car repaired. You can do this, or you may leave your car at our shop and ask that the insurance company inspect the car here.
- Your car is the second largest investment you are likely to make. Preserve its value and your safety by having it repaired professionally.
- Never drive a car that could be unsafe because of damages or faulty repairs.
Now that we have told you 10 things to know about collision repair in Idaho, hopefully you will feel more confident about the collision repair process and less confused about what to do. If you have any questions about anything, contact us via our Body Shop Contact Form or simply call our Body Shop at 983-0320 or 1-800-289-0889.
Full Service Collision Center:
Gortsema Motors is proud to be one of the few, full service dealers in North Central Idaho, where we can perform Auto Body services to restore your GM vehicle’s safety, comfort, and performance. We paint and repair all makes and models of vehicles, with certified technicians handling every detail. We are fully approved by your insurance company and offer FREE, on site estimates to our valued customers. Come to Gortsema Motors Body Shop and see the difference being a hometown owned business makes. For your convenience you can schedule an appointment, learn what to expect from our body center experts, the reasons for using genuine GM parts, related collision repair information and other services we offer by clicking above.
Why Bring Your Vehicle to Us?
Our Certified Service technicians are trained by GM to know every inch of your GM vehicle. We understand your vehicle and all its technical systems. We’re proud to offer genuine GM parts. We know you want to feel as good about your vehicle today as you did the day you bought it. And our Certified Service technicians have the skills and finesse you need to restore your vehicle so it will look and feel like new.
What to Expect:
We’ll create a written estimate of what’s recommended to complete the repair, and we will offer Genuine GM Parts. In addition, if there is other service work that is required to restore your vehicle to pre-accident condition, we have Certified Service technicians on hand. We will review this estimate with you and address any questions you may have.